/ Bread Posted by Piper
Are you paleo strict? Are you craving something even remotely similar bread? Stress no more! Drum roll please!! Paleo flat bread. I would love to take credit for this delectable morsel. But alas, I cannot. This recipe was adapted from jnn3 blog. Check out the pictures of these wraps on her blog. They look great. I did the basic wrap recipe so it deviates a bit from hers but still incredibly good. Wrap away folks.
- ⅓ cup (48g) tapioca starch
- ¼ cup (1 oz) coconut flour
- 1 cup egg whites (approx. 12 egg whites)
- 2 TBSP organic palm shortening, melted, or cooking fat of choice (set aside for cooking)
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Hain sodium-free baking powder
- 1 TBSP coconut nectar or agave nectar or honey or raw sugar or sweetener of choice
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or to taste
- Heat shortening in a griddle or flat frying pan to medium heat. Combine dry ingredients. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine well. Add about 1/4 cup of batter Brown lightly on each side.
You May Also Like: